Step 2: Implementation of the academic structure
• The faculty member(s) of the institution teach the course curriculum following a course book.
• The Assistant prepares activities in tandem with the weekly schedule of the course.
• The activities proposed by the Assistant are meant to reinforce the topics taught by the faculty members. For example, the teachers have worked on the “past tense”, then the Assistant prepares activities (a small skit, a dialogue exercise, a song, a small video etc.) which is used to make the students practice the “past tense”.
• The Assistant hence has an interaction with the same set of students after their first exposure to the language component (grammar, syntax, vocabulary, etc.) through the faculty members in-charge of course curriculum.
• The Assistant interacts independently with the students in the classroom, auditorium, language lab…