Programme “English Language Assistants in France 2017-18”
Applications for the 2017-18 programme are open till 2nd December 2016
You have a good command of English and French. You can:
- Teach English in France.
- Attend classes in French universities.
- Discover France.
- IELTS (Academic - score 7.5+)
- B1 level of French or a B.A. French
Program for English-language Indian assistants 2017-18
This program of the Ministry of Education in France is managed, internationally and in India, by the International Centre for Pedagogical Studies (CIEP) and the Embassy of France in India. As part of this program, 40 to 50 Indian students are recruited as English language assistants in French public schools. The program allows these Alliance française or Indian university students to experience French language and culture, while providing their schools with their language skills and their rich culture.
The English Language Indian Assistants' stay in France covers a period of seven months, from 1 October 2017 to 30 April 2018. Appointed to secondary and primary schools, they provide support to English-language teachers.
1. Be an Indian citizen,
2. Have student status (enrolled in a university or an Alliance francaise in India)
3. Not have benefited from the "Indian English-language Assistants" program in the past,
4. Hold a bachelor's degree (or be enrolled in 3rd year)
5. Be under 35 years of age on 1 October 2016.
6. Having obtained the IELTS certificate (British Council/ IDP academic test) of English proficiency with a score above 7.5,
7. Have a good level of French: minimum certification level B1 (DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or have received French B.A. French Honours from an Indian University.
The program's objectives:
1. Support English-language teaching in French public schools.
2. Linguistic and Cultural Discovery, immersion in a professional situation.
3. Getting to the pedagogical practices of the French schools, especially for language teaching; assistants must indeed be integrated in schools and build an educational tender in accordance with instructions given by their English teachers.
4. Strengthening ties and mutual understanding between French and Indian cultures.
5. Education: Assistants are advised to attend classes, insofar as their professional obligations allow, at a French university.
The deadline to apply for this program is December 2, 2016.
For more information contact Jatinder Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the documents below for more detailed information on the program and the two registration forms.*
Forms also available at www.ifindia.in & at your nearest Alliance française or your university.
*Please note that the documents are in French. A good level of French is a prerequisite